Random is a harmful and hazardous gas which is present in various forms of air and water. The presence of radon has negative impacts resulting in serious lungs disorders and respiratory issues. With the process of radon mitigation, you need to clean you environment air and water that is unhygienic due to presence of radon.
Testing the key of radon mitigation
The foremost steps towards radon mitigation are testing to see the concentration of radon that is present and if it needs to be checked and reduced. Radon is unsafe, and there is no such level to be termed as safe, but complete reduction of radon is not possible. So a standard level is maintained, in which the effects are minimised. Minimising the level of radon is important, and hence the test is conducted, as to know how much extra the level has increased. As recommended by government, level should be 2.7pci/l for radon should be assessed. Radon present in air is supposed to be the most terrible health hazard caused to health. Tests are required to be held seasonally as radon keeps rate keeps fluctuating on daily basis. An interval of 90days is maintained between the tests o efficiently get the results of effects and concentration. Testing of radon mitigation is done by 2 distinctive methods in form of direct and indirect methods. In some cases, the sample is tested in laboratory, some are tested on site, and results are achieved where it is not at all time consuming. By re testing it can be confirmed and wastage of money on mitigation of installation gets saved, if the result comes negative upon re checking.
Post radon mitigation testing
It is a very comprehensive step towards reducing the presence of radon, to see if the mitigation method is working well and the concentration of radon is balanced. You need to check in 2years interval, to check the effects and the level of radon. After renovation re testing is a much needed method to stay safe.
Methods used for mitigating radon
There are various method where radon mitigation is done like
- Natural ventilation- it is useful for domestic purpose, for immediate reduction of radon level. The level of radon is brought down rapidly, and it is maintained.
- Forced ventilation is a much comprehensive method, it is expensive but the methods and observations can be controlled.
- Crawl space is a very budget friendly, which reduces 90% of radon level and it is very effective. The households use this method for reducing the level of radon from their home.
- Sub section of slab is very cost effective and very advantageous for household. It removes 99% of radon from the air at one attempt. It is appropriate for the soils under the slab.
- House pressurization is the best method, yet very expensive. Good amount of radon reduction takes place, for perfect functioning tightly sealed base is required.
For radon mitigation you can take help of experts, or just try on with the testing kit at home, and then install radon mitigation appliances.